Minnesota District Manager
In order to continue to support our members and sustain growth in the life insurance field, we are seeking an individual who has the desire and drive to be associated with a company that supports and promotes a captive career sales force.
In this position, you will be in a vital management role with the organization and will lead the sales efforts in our new Owatonna, Minnesota agency. In addition, the Home Office staff located in Madison, Wisconsin, is available to assist with many functions such as training, marketing, supplies, and new business issues.
The scope of responsibilities is both diversified and exciting, and includes:
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Team Building – Create strong morale and commitment of team members through caring and supporting those they lead, define and demonstrate success, lead by example, create an atmosphere of inclusion.
- Planning and Administration Skills – Maximize efficient use of resources, people, Home Office support and marketing materials in running and supporting their sales marketing territory. Comply with all regulatory guidelines and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Recruiting/Training – Grow district sales marketing territory by hiring new career insurance agents each year. Responsible for office and field training.
- Community – Actively involved in community events and fraternal programs whenever possible.
- Activity – All sales, recruiting, membership, fraternal and community involvement, as well as product activity will be clearly defined and accountable for thorough a comprehensive yearly business plan.
NMB offers the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Income Coverage
- 401(k) Pre-Tax Contribution Option
- Company 401(k) Contribution
- Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Ongoing Training and Sales Support
- Located in or around the Owatonna, Minnesota area.
- Strong connection to the community in order to build our agency.
Required competencies include
- Experienced leader in life insurance and annuity sales with a history of proven success as a personal producer as well as an agency leader.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in insurance sales, sales management or the equivalent.
- Life and Health Insurance License, Securities License (Series 7 & 63) a plus.
- A person who has a passion for helping others and one who takes great pride in growing their sales forces personally and professionally.
- A highly self-motivated, results oriented person with a keen ability to relate to others’ needs and concerns.
- In-depth and proficient in total needs solutions when working with prospects and clients.
- Excels in attracting new recruits and supporting growth in sales, training and community involvement.
- Highly skilled in problem solving, setting priorities, implementation and execution of business marketing plans.
- Independent self-starter with an ability to recognize talent and potential in prospective career agents.
- Willing and able to work side-by-side with those they lead, coach and mentor.
- Passionate about involvement in the community and the people they serve.
- Impeccable morals, work ethic and core values.
The ideal candidate would have the following traits:
- Well known in the community
- Competitive, independent individual who possess an entrepreneurial flair
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Enjoys helping and working with people
- Highly motivated sales professional who is driven by success
- Financially motivated, self-starter who possess a positive attitude and a desire to be part of a performance driven environment