Member Services Assistant
In this area of National Mutual Benefit, the Member Services Assistant will provide support and service to both the office team, agents and our members. To accomplish this goal of support and service, the Member Services Assistant will perform many tasks. This individual will be very adaptable and be willing to fill in whenever needed. At times, you may need to change directions and be able to handle multiple requests at once, such as the phones and email requests, all while keeping up with many daily duties as assigned. Along with knowledge and proper attitude, it is imperative that this individual wants to work in a team environment to motivate and help each other succeed.
- Duties and Responsibilities relative to the job of Member Services Assistant
- Duties as assigned from the areas of Member Service, Claims and New Business.
- Updating Member Information
- Answer questions from members and agents
- Accept premium payments
- Process a death claim
- Run Illustrations
- Update Beneficiary Information
- Enter new application
- Assemble new policies
- Exposure to multiple facets of the member side of NMB.
- Provide Service in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner to our team, agents and members.
- Work with our biweekly program
- Provide support to the member service area: including new business and claims
- Respond to requests and complaints from agents and members, with the ability to respond, investigate, resolve and provide solutions. Ability to process these requests and complaints in a professional, timely manner.
- Communicate information in a knowledgeable fashion, including the ability to explain processes to agents and members when they need more clarification.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Customer Service role
- Familiarity with insurance industry is a plus
- Self-starter with minimal guidance
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Suite, Outlook, comfort in learning new programs.
- Patience when handling tough situations
- Detail Oriented and well organized
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening skills to accurately respond to inquiries and requests
- Ability to compute basic arithmetic and work with numbers